Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g (1 cup) Arborio rice
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet
- 1lt. (4 cups) chicken stock, hot
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
to serve: fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan
- Heat the olive oil and the butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the onion and the leek and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the rice and toss well.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled, the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet and 125 ml of the stock.
- Stir gently until the measure of liquid added is absorbed by the rice and then add another 125 ml of stock.
- Continue cooking, adding stock when necessary until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season to taste and serve immediately topped with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil.