No South African braai is complete without the original South African toasties: braai broodjies, conveniently made with Rhodes Quality Tomato Braai relish. Crisp and crunchy on the outside – gooey and cheesy on the inside.
- 125 ml (½ C) 1x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Braai Relish
- 8 slices white bread
- butter for spreading
- 30 ml (2 T) chutney
- 250 ml (1 C) grated cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper
- Butter the bread on 1 side and place buttered side down on a chopping board.
- Mix the Rhodes Quality Tomato Braai Relish with the chutney.
- Spread a generous layer of the braai relish on the un-buttered side of 4 slices of bread.
- Top with the cheese, season well, then cover with the 4 remaining slices of bread, with the buttered side on the outside.
- Place the sandwiches inside a braai grid and slowly toast them over warm coals until golden brown.
- Serve while still warm.