Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Tomato Peri Peri Sauce
Fast and hot peri peri sauce for meats on the braai.
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped & Peeled
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 200 g (1 cup) bird’s eye chillies, stems removed
- 1 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 65 ml red wine vinegar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sugar
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) paprika
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Place the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped & Peeled into a food processor and add all of the ingredients excluding the salt.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Transfer the peri peri sauce to a saucepan and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Season to taste.
- Serve at room temperature as a condiment to braaied meats
- Store any leftover sauce in a sealed clean glass container in the refrigerator.