Ripe red tomatoes and our our diced beetroot make this salad a quick, easy, and colourful braai salad.
- 1 x 385 g bottle Rhodes Quality Diced Beetroot
- 500 g mixed baby tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 6 – 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
to serve: balsamic vinegar reduction (optional)
- Drain the Rhodes Quality Beetroot and set aside.
- Toss the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and basil leaves in a large bowl.
- Pour over the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a platter.
- Add the Rhodes Quality diced beetroot to the salad.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar reduction, if using, and serve.