A delicious and indulgent treat courtesy of TK van Louw.
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices, drained
- 5 tablespoons of Rhodes Quality Berries & Cherries Fruit Jam
- 3 croissants chopped into 2.5cm cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 625ml (2½ cups) full cream milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted & cooled
- 125ml (1/2 cup) of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl layer your chopped croissants, chopped Rhodes Quality sliced peaches & spoons of the Rhodes Quality Berries & Cherries Fruit Jam, in a baking dish & drizzle with melted butter.
- Egg mixture: Beat together eggs, milk, cinnamon powder & vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chopped croissants and allow to soak for 3mins.
- Sprinkle it with some sugar and get ready to bake.
- Bake for 25-30mins until toasted golden on top and set inside, yet still wobbly (do a poke test to check).
- Allow to rest for a bit and serve with a side of your choice. My favourite is custard, but there’s ice cream, desert cream or even mascarpone.
Cooking Tip: Use left-over croissants so that they do not go to waste.