Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Swiss Roll with Jam
This light and airy sponge roll is festive enough for celebrations and traditional enough for any tea.
- 6 large eggs
- 250 ml (1 C) castor sugar
- 250 ml (1 C) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) baking powder
- 15 ml (1 T) boiling water
- 125 ml castor sugar
- 125 ml Rhodes Quality Mixed Fruit Jam or Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- 250 ml (1 C) cream, stiffly beaten
- Beat the eggs and 250 ml castor sugar until the mixture is thick, creamy and leaves a trail.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and gently fold into the eggs.
- Fold in the boiling water.
- Pour the batter onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a second sheet of baking paper dusted with the 125 ml castor sugar.
- Remove the top sheet of baking paper and allow to cool.
- Spread a layer of Rhodes Quality Mixed Fruit Jam or Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam over the cake, followed by a layer of cream.
- Roll up lengthways.