Simple yet delicious, these savoury cake puffs make a great finger food starter thanks to the flavour and texture combination of Rhodes Sweetcorn and crab meat.
- 2 eggs
- 190 ml cream
- 375 ml cake flour
- 7.5 ml baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) sugar
- 1 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.5 ml salt
- 250 ml (1 C) grated cheddar cheese
- 45 ml (3 T) chopped dill leaves
- 190 ml Rhodes Quality Sweetcorn
- 200 g crab sticks, roughly chopped
- Whisk the eggs and cream together.
- Set aside.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together.
- Add the sugar, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and the dill.
- Add the egg mixture and the Rhodes Quality Sweetcorn and stir well to mix.
- Gently stir in the crab sticks.
- Evenly divide the puff mixture in a mini muffin tray that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake the puffs in an oven preheated to 190°C for 20 minutes or until the puffs are crisp and golden.
- Serve warm.