This delicious loaf is the perfect accompaniment to your next braai.
- 500 g (4 C) self-raising flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 60 ml (4 T) melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 375 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Cream Style Sweetcorn
- 125 ml grated cheddar cheese
- butter for spreading
- Rhodes Strawberry Jam for spreading
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and paprika.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, eggs and yoghurt together and stir in the Rhodes Quality Cream Style Sweetcorn.
- Pour the sweet corn mixture into the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon to bring together into a soft batter.
- Spoon the batter into a loaf pan that you’ve lined with baking paper and greased, and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 – 45 minutes or until baked through.
- Serve warm with butter and Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam.