Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Sweet & Sour Salad
Add a little heat and crunch to a South African favourite. Sweet and sour salad dressings are always popular at braais and summer picnics – they partner well with grilled meats. This salad recipe adds some crispy fried croutons for extra texture.
- 4 slices bread
- oil for frying
- 5 ml (1 t) dried mixed herbs
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce with Peas
- 250 ml (1 C) green peas, boiled and cooled
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 90 ml (6 T) chopped red onion
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 65 ml (4 T) sweet chilli sauce
- 15 ml (1 T) vinegar
- Make croutons by cutting the bread into 1 cm cubes and frying in a little oil until crisp.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with the dried herbs and season to taste with the salt and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly mix the Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce with the rest of the ingredients and spoon into a salad bowl.
- Top with the croutons and serve.