Orange, sweet potato and pear forms a perfect flavour medley. Enjoy this baked side dish as an accompaniment to your next braai, roast or grill.
- 800 g sweet potatoes, washed and sliced
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 65 ml brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 T) Honey
- 500 ml (2 C) Rhodes Quality 100% Orange Fruit Juice
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained and sliced
- Place the sweet potatoes slices in a large bowl.
- Toss in the oil, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Now place the sweet potato slices in a casserole dish.
- Drizzle the honey over the sweet potatoes.
- Pour over the Rhodes Quality 100% Orange Fruit Juice.
- Cover the casserole dish with tin foil and bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180C for 1 hour.
- Remove the tin foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the orange juice reduced.
- Toss in the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves slices and bake for a further 10 minutes to heat through.