Sweet and fruity chicken prepared over the coals.
- 375 ml (1½) cups Rhodes Quality Peach 100% Fruit Juice
- 65 ml (¼ cup) soy sauce
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 x chicken breasts
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices, drained
- Mix together the Rhodes Quality Peach 100% Fruit Juice, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and olive oil.
- Season to taste.
- Slice slits into the top of each chicken breast and place into a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Reserve 250 ml (1 cup) of the marinade and add the remaining marinade to the chicken, making sure that all the chicken is evenly lying in the marinade.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and return to room temperature.
- Make a foil pocket and place the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices into the pocket. Pour over a little of the reserved marinade and seal.
- Braai the chicken over medium coals for 10 – 15 minutes or until cooked through, brush with the reserved marinade while cooking.
- Place the foil pocket alongside the chicken on the grid while cooking and heat through.
- To serve, slice the chicken breasts and turn the hot peach slices out over the chicken.