Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Strawberry & Vanilla Cake Pops
A hit at any party, these delicious strawberry and vanilla flavoured lollipop cakes take a while to make, but the reward is well worth the bake.
- 1 x 500 g box vanilla cake mix
- 65 g butter
- 200 g icing sugar
- 65 ml Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- 400 g white candy melts or moulding chocolate
- lollipop sticks
- to decorate: multi-coloured sprinkles
- Prepare the vanilla cake as per the instructions on the package.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cut off and discard the hard crusts and then crumble the cake into a bowl.
- Use a fork to break up any larger pieces of cake so that the texture of the crumbs is even and fine.
- Beat the butter until pale and creamy.
- Add the icing sugar and Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam and beat until well blended.
- Add the icing in thirds to the cake crumbs, mixing well after each addition with a wooden spoon.
- Add as much of the icing as is needed for the mixture to resemble a stiff cookie dough.
- Roll the mixture into 24 even balls.
- Melt 45 ml (3 T) of the chocolate.
- Dip the tip of 1 lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and insert the stick halfway into 1 cake ball. Repeat with remaining.
- Place the balls onto a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt the remainder of the chocolate and dip each cake ball into the chocolate to coat with a thin layer of chocolate.
- Use a teaspoon to pour the chocolate over the ball rather than swirling the ball through the chocolate to avoid crumbs coming off.
- Tap off any excess and leave to set.
- Dip just the bottom of the cake pop in a second layer of chocolate, then dip the bottom of the ball into the sprinkles and leave the cake pops to set.