Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Strawberry Jam & Peanut Butter Snack Bars
A simple homemade lunchbox treat.
- 125 ml soft butter
- 15 ml (1 T) white sugar
- 15 ml (1 T) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 65 ml milk
- 125 ml peanut butter
- 2.5 ml vanilla essence
- 250 ml (1 C) cake flour
- 250 ml (1 C) quick-cooking oats
- 2.5 ml baking powder
- 315 ml Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- 125 ml cake flour
- 125 ml quick-cooking oats
- 65 ml brown sugar
- 1 ml baking powder
- 45 ml (3 T) soft butter
- Beat the butter until smooth, add the sugars and beat well.
- Add the egg, milk, peanut butter and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Stir in the 250 ml flour, 250 ml oats and baking powder.
- Spoon the batter evenly into a greased 32 x 22 cm baking pan.
- Spread the top of the batter with Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam.
- Make the topping by mixing together the 125 ml flour, 125 ml oats, 65 ml brown sugar and 1 ml baking powder.
- Using your fingertips, rub the 45 ml butter into the flour mixture to form a crumble.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the jam.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 18 – 20 minutes or until baked through and golden.
- Remove from oven, cut into bars and allow to cool before removing from the pan.