- 12 hot dog buns
- softened butter for spreading
- 12 hot dog sausages
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Braai Relish
- 1 x 385 g Rhodes Quality Dill Gherkins in Glass, drained and sliced
to serve; grated cheddar cheese, crispy bacon bits
- Slice the hot dogs buns down the centre but not all the way through.
- Butter the insides and top with the softened butter and set aside.
- Push a wooden skewer lengthways down the centre of each hot dog sausage.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a spiral down the sausage.
- Hold the knife at an angle and make the cuts even distances apart and all the way down to the skewer.
- Grill the sausages and the buns over a hot braai for a few minutes, turning to crisp all over.
- Remove the skewers and place one spiral sausage in each hot dog bun.
- Spoon Rhodes Quality Braai Relish onto each sausage.
- Top each hot dog with sliced Rhodes Quality Dill Gherkin.
- Add cheddar cheese and/or bacon bits and serve immediately.