A meaty pasta recipe that’s light on time and light on the budget.
- 500 g spicy chicken or pork sausage
- 45 ml (3 T) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 T) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250 ml white wine (or chicken stock)
- 2 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
- 500 ml (2 C) cooked pasta shells
- 500 ml (2 C) young spinach leaves, washed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
to serve: grated parmesan cheese
- Remove the sausage meat from the casings.
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onions and the garlic and fry for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the sausage meat, and continue frying, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon over medium heat until it begins to brown.
- Add the wine and use a wooden spoon to remove any browned meat bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and the pasta shells and stir gently to heat through.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the spinach leaves and allow the residual heat in the pan to lightly wilt the leaves.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.