You don’t need many ingredients to make this cheesy-spicy,braai-winner dish. Soft maize meal pap is a South African staple and is an economical way to feed a hungry crowd. In this bake, it’s flavoured with mildly spiced Rhodes Quality Chakalaka, Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn and loads of cheese.
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn
- 750 ml (3 C) prepared and seasoned soft maize meal pap
- 15 ml (1 T) chopped garlic
- 500 ml (2 C) grated cheddar cheese
- 125 ml chopped coriander leaves
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy
- Drain the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn and add to the pap together with the garlic and half the cheese and coriander leaves.
- Spoon half the mixture into a greased oven dish and top with the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka.
- Cover the chakalaka with the rest of the pap then sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and coriander leaves.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes, or until baked through.
- Remove from the oven, allow to stand for 20 minutes, then slice and serve.