Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Spicy Honey Chicken Wings
Chicken wings with a dash of cayenne pepper get a sticky honey, barbeque and tomato marinade. Enjoy them as a delicious starter or perfect finger food for when you’re catching your favourite game.
- 20 chicken wings (about 800 g – 1 kg)
- 250 ml (1 C) prepared barbeque sauce
- 125 ml honey
- 125 ml Rhodes Quality Tomato Puree
- 2.5 – 5 ml cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
to serve: chopped spring onions
- Trim each chicken wing; firstly discard the tip and then cut the wing through the joint to make 2 pieces.
- Place the pieces into a large bowl.
- Whisk the barbeque sauce, the honey and the Rhodes Tomato Puree together.
- Season to taste with the salt and the cayenne pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190°C and bake for 20 minutes, turning once, or until the chicken wings are baked through.
- Heat the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and simmer until thickened.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and baste with marinade.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with the spring onions.