Who doesn’t love a lazy weekend brunch? With this recipe there is only one pot to wash up, making sure that easy Sundays are exactly that.
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 10 ml (2 t) chopped garlic
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Mexican Style Tomato or Rhodes Quality Tomato Braai Relish
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Baked Beans with Green Peppers in a Braai Sauce
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- 65 ml (4 T) coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 6 – 8 thin slices of mozzarella cheese
- a handful of whole coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and green pepper and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry until aromatic, about a minute.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Mexican Style Tomato or Braai Relish and bring to a boil
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened to your taste, stirring now and again.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Baked Beans and season to taste with the salt, pepper and sugar.
- Now turn the heat to low and stir in the coriander leaves.
- Make 6 wells in the mixture and break an egg into each depression.
- Season each egg to taste and cover with slices of cheese.
- Cover the pan and allow the eggs to poach in the sauce until done to your liking and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, scatter with whole coriander leaves and serve with crusty bread.