Eat this smooth and spicy butter bean dip with flatbreads, or spread it on sandwiches instead of butter. Dukkah is an Egyptian spice blend of toasted nuts and seeds which give the dip both crunch and flavour.
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans
- 45 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 t) cumin
- 5 ml (1 t) paprika
- a little extra olive oil for drizzling
- 15 ml (1 T) dukkah
- 2 fresh flatbreads
- Drain the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and rinse well under running water.
- Place the beans, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and paprika into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process the bean mixture to a smooth puree.
- Season to taste.
- Drizzle the top of the bean dip with the extra olive oil and sprinkle the dukkah over the top.
- Serve with warm flatbread.