Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Slow Roast Pork Belly with Pineapple Glaze
Little beats the tender succulence of a slow roasted belly of pork. This relatively economical cut, topped with a sweet pineapple glaze, really is a Sunday lunch winner.
- 1 kg pork belly, rind scored
- 65 ml salt
- 45 ml (3 T) olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rhodes Quality Pineapple Crush
- Rub the pork belly with the salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the salt and pat dry with kitchen paper towel.
- Place the belly skin down in a roasting tray.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the black pepper.
- Roast at 200°C for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 180°C and roast for a further 1 hour.
- Turn the belly over, skin side up, and roast for a further 20 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden.
- To make the glaze, bring the brown sugar and the vinegar to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer until syrupy.
- Add the star anise, cinnamon, chicken stock and Rhodes Quality Pineapple Crush.
- Bring the glaze to the boil again and then simmer over a gentle heat until the thickened.
- To serve, carve the roasted pork belly and pour some of the pineapple glaze over the meat, serving any extra glaze on the side.