Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Beef and Vegetable Soup
Let the slow cooker do all the work on this delicious soup and enjoy.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 x carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 x celery stick, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 kg beef steak, deboned and cubed
- 500 ml (2 cups) prepared beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled
- 1 x 50 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste sachet
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Green Beans, drained
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 65 ml (¼ cup) fresh chopped parsley
- to serve: sour cream and fresh bread
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery and fry to soften.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to the bowl of your slow cooker.
- Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper and, in the same saucepan, seal well on all sides.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the prepared beef stock and bay leaves.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled and Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste sachet and stir well.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, Rhodes Quality Green Beans and the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and cook on low heat for a further 2 hours.
- Season to taste and serve with a dollop of sour cream and fresh bread.