- 8 chicken pieces (skin on)
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Pakco Masala Curry Powder Medium
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Hinds Pure Ground Ginger
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Hinds Turmeric
- 1 x 400g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared Bisto Gravy
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 2 generous handfuls fresh coriander, chopped
To serve: rice
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Do this in batches so that the pieces are evenly browned.
- Reserve on one side.
- In the same saucepan, fry the onions until softened.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and stir to coat.
- Add the garlic fry for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the Pakco Masala Curry Powder Medium, Hinds Pure Ground Ginger, and the Hinds Turmeric to the pan and toss well.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Peeled Tomatoes, the prepared Bisto Gravy and the water.
- Bring the sauce back to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the sauce and cook over a gentle heat for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season to taste and stir in the chopped coriander.
- Serve over rice.