Very easy and simple to prepare flavourful pasta, perfect for the beginner chef.
- 250 g penne pasta
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vodka (optional)
- 200 g shrimp
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions and set aside.
- Place the Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style into a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the shrimps and simmer until cooked.
- Stir in the cream and the vodka if using and simmer for a few minutes more.
- Add the penne to the pan and toss gently until well coated and warm.
- Stir in the basil.
- Season to taste.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Times: 30 minutes