Hearty and budget friendly, this 30 minute meal is a midweek dinner winner.
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 frozen pork sausages
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped & Peeled
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) prepared chicken stock
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 60 g (1 cup) baby spinach leaves, washed
to serve: mashed potato or fresh bread
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and fry over low heat until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for two minutes more and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, brown the sausages on all sides.
- Return the onions and garlic to the pan.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped & Peeled, the mustard and the chicken stock.
- Bring to the heat and then add the Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce.
- Continue simmering the sauce until the sausages are cooked through.
- Season well to taste.
- Stir in the spinach and turn off the heat.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or with a fresh bread.