Nothing quite beats the satisfaction of baking, and these delicious cupcakes are quick and easy to prepare.
- 250 g soft butter
- 45 ml (3 T) sunflower oil
- 300 g castor sugar
- 360 g self-raising flour
- 4 large eggs
- 10 ml (2 t) orange essence
- 30 ml (2 T) grated orange rind
- about 250 ml (1 C) Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade
- prepared butter icing and decorations as required
- Place the butter, oil, sugar, flour, eggs, essence and rind in a bowl.
- Beat with an electric beater for 2 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Divide half of the mixture evenly between the paper cupcake liners.
- Top with a dessert spoonful of Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade and then place the rest of the cake batter on top of the marmalade.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 18 – 20 minutes or until risen and firm to touch.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Ice and decorate lavishly then serve.