Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Roasted Butternut & Pear Soup
Warm your family up from the inside with this veg soup that enjoys a sweet fruity twist.
- 500 g butternut pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 ml (1 t) freshly grated ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 45 ml (3 T) olive oil
- 65 ml honey
- 1 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared chicken stock
- 125 ml cream
- Place the butternut and onions in a roasting tray.
- Add the onion and the ginger.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Mix the olive oil and the honey together and pour over the butternut.
- Toss to mix well.
- Roast the butternut in an oven preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Add the Rhodes Pear Halves and roast for a further 15 minutes or until the butternut is tender and the pears are caramelised.
- Transfer the roasted butternut and pears to a saucepan and add the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Puree the soup.
- Stir in the cream and adjust the seasoning of the soup to taste.
- Serve hot.