- 1 red pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 1 x 50 g sachet Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1kg baby potatoes, halved
- 10 ml (2 tsp) salt
- oil for roasting
- Place the red pepper onto a baking tray that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Roast in an oven preheated to 200 °C for 20 minutes or until the skin is blackened.
- Remove with tongs and place into bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to cool.
- Remove the skin and the seeds of the red pepper and place the flesh into a blender.
- Add the mayonnaise, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and the garlic.
- Process until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- To make the roast potatoes, place the potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Add the salt and bring to the boil.
- Boil the potatoes until just tender and drain.
- Pour oil to cover the bottom of a roasting tray.
- Heat the oil in an oven preheated to 190°C for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to tray and toss carefully to coat.
- Roast, turning occasionally, for 30 – 40 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Drain of excess oil, season to taste and serve with the red pepper and tomato aioli.