Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Easy Chicken Pies
Simple, quick homemade chicken pies. You can also make extra pies and freeze them unbaked. The future you will thank you for having dinner sorted on a busy day.
- 500 ml (2 C) cooked shredded chicken
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables, drained
- 45 ml (3 T) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 x 400 g can cream of chicken soup
- salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 1 x 400 g roll ready-made puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg
- 15 ml (1 T) water
- Mix the chicken, Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables and parsley together in a bowl.
- Stir in the Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Season to taste.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out four disks the size of 4 individual ramekins, and line each ramekin.
- Whisk the egg with the water and brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Fill with chicken pie mixture.
- Cut a second piece of pastry to size and place on the top of the chicken pie filling.
- Press together the two layers of pastry with a fork and place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake the pies in an oven preheated to 180 °C for 20 – 25 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve immediately.