Simple, quick homemade chicken pies. You can also make extra pies and freeze them unbaked. The future you will thank you for having dinner sorted on a busy day.
- 500 ml (2 C) cooked shredded chicken
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables, drained
- 45 ml (3 T) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 x 400 g can cream of chicken soup
- salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 1 x 400 g roll ready-made puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg
- 15 ml (1 T) water
- Mix the chicken, Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables and parsley together in a bowl.
- Stir in the Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Season to taste.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out four disks the size of 4 individual ramekins, and line each ramekin.
- Whisk the egg with the water and brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Fill with chicken pie mixture.
- Cut a second piece of pastry to size and place on the top of the chicken pie filling.
- Press together the two layers of pastry with a fork and place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake the pies in an oven preheated to 180 °C for 20 – 25 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve immediately.