We’ve given the traditional bolognese recipe a delicious chicken twist. And, if you want to make it even tastier add bacon for a flavour boost. In short, it’s the perfect quick & easy weeknight dish.
- 500 g chicken mince
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix
- 115 g can or cup of Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- pinch dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and fry until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the mince and fry until almost cooked.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and herbs and season to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta shapes of your choice spaghetti, screws, even spirals.