This family favourite pasta sauce will keep them coming back for more. It’s a quick and easy recipe that tastes of home.
- 500 g beef mince
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix
- 115 g can or cup of Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- pinch dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the mince and fry until brown.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and fry until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and herbs and season to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta shapes of your choice from spaghetti to screws and even spirals.