Wonderfully quick and delicious vegetarian pasta.
- 200 g peeled pumpkin
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 65 ml (¼ cup) sage leaves, divided OR 5 ml (1 tsp) dried sage, divided
- 1 x 50 g sachet Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 250 g spaghetti
- 125 ml (½ cup) grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the pumpkin in salted water until tender and drain.
- Heat the oil and the butter in a frying pan and over low heat, fry the onion, until softened.
- Add the garlic and half of the sage and fry for two minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste.
- Place the drained pumpkin, the onion mixture, eggs and egg yolks into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Season well with salt and freshly cracked black pepper and keep warm.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Season with salt, add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions and drain.
- Return the spaghetti to the still hot saucepan.
- Pour the pumpkin sauce over the hot drained spaghetti and toss well to mix.
- Sprinkle the remaining sage leaves and the parmesan over the spaghetti and serve.