Easy vegetarian curry, prepared in under an hour. Filling and creamy without dairy.
- 500 g (2 cups) peeled and chopped pumpkin
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Pakco Curry Paste
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 200 g broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
to serve: rice, poppadums and fresh coriander
- Place the pumpkin in a medium saucepan of water and bring to the boil.
- Cook until soft. Drain and puree using a blender or mash very well by hand until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add the onion and the carrots and fry until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the red pepper and fry for a few minutes more.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic and the Pakco Curry Paste.
- Stir well to mix.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup and the coconut milk.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Bring the curry back to a high boil and add the broccoli and the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the broccoli is tender.
- Season to taste.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve over rice.