- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Syrup, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125 ml (½ cup) Rhodes Quality Pineapple 100% Fruit Juice Blend
- 65 ml (¼ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 65 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 5 -10 ml (1-2 tsp) red chili flakes
- salt to taste
- 15 ml (2 Tbsp) cornflour
- 15 ml (2 Tbsp) water
- Finely chop the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces .Place the pineapple into a small saucepan and add the garlic, and the Rhodes Quality Pineapple 100% Fruit Juice Blend.
- Bring to the heat and add the vinegar, lemon juice, brown sugar and red chilli flakes.
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Season to taste.
- Mix together the cornflour and the water into a smooth paste.
- Bring the pineapple sauce back to the boil and stir in the cornflour mixture, stirring until the mixture is thick.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a clean jar, seal and cool.
Makes 300 ml