A delicious gammon glaze that will cover a medium-sized, fully-cooked cut. This festive season, coat your gammon with this sweet pineapple glaze which cooks to a sweet and glossy shine.
- 1 medium smoked or prepared gammon
- 1 x 825 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings in Light Syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- 65 ml maraschino cherries
- 190 ml brown sugar
- 2.5 ml ground Hinds ginger
- Remove the skin and fat from the gammon and place in a roasting pan.
- Using toothpicks, secure the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings and maraschino cherries to the gammon and set aside.
- Heat 125 ml reserved pineapple syrup, sugar and Hinds ginger in a small saucepan, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves and the glaze thickens.
- Brush the glaze all over the gammon and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Baste again and bake for a further 15 minutes until browned and glossy.