Delicious and colourful accompaniment to a braai table. Add some diced ham or leftover chicken to transform this salad into a main meal.
- 1 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, drained
- 125 ml coarsely-torn basil
- 200 g baby tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 125 ml finely-chopped red onion
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into small dice
- 90 g cheddar cheese, cut into 1 cm squares
- 500 ml (2 C) cooked and seasoned pasta shells
- salt and pepper
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 125 ml sour cream
- 15 ml finely chopped garlic
- 45 ml (3 T) finely chopped parsley
- a little cold water
- Place the Rhodes Quality Processed Peas in a large mixing bowl and add the basil, tomatoes, onion, yellow pepper, cheese and pasta.
- Season to taste then toss well.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic and parsley together.
- Whisk in a few spoons of cold water to thin the dressing down to a runny consistency.
- Pour it over the salad, toss well, transfer to a salad bowl then serve with a roast or braai.