Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Pear & Caramel Lattice Tart
This tart is a little more challenging than your usual dessert dish, and requires a little time and patience to get it just right. The effort is worth it though, and your guests will be wowed.
- 625 ml cake flour
- 30 ml (2 T) white sugar
- 2.5 ml salt
- 240 g cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 90 ml cold water
- milk for brushing
- To make the dough, place the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Divide the dough into two.
- Using a little extra flour to prevent sticking, roll out one half of the dough into a circle large enough to line the bottom of your pie dish.
- Trim the edges neatly and place the lined pie dish into the fridge.
- Roll out the second half of the dough into a circle of the same size as the first.
- Transfer this circle of dough onto baking paper, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for twenty minutes.
- Spread the caramel dessert topping evenly across the bottom of the pastry in the prepared dish.
- Drain the Rhodes Quality Peach halves in Syrup and slice evenly.
- Arrange the slices of pear on top of the caramel.
- Remove the second pastry circle from the fridge.
- Using a ruler as a guide, cut the pastry into even strips.
- Layer the strips across the breadth of the pie dish.
- Now doing one strip at a time, weave a second band of strips in the opposite direction to create a lattice pattern.
- Use a knife to even off the edges.
- Brush the top of the pastry with milk.
- Bake the pie in an oven preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving warm with vanilla ice cream.