A simple, quick and easy recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Serve as a starter or as a light lunch.
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup
- 30 ml (2 T) balsamic vinegar
- 1 store bought flatbread
- 125 g blue cheese wedge
to serve: rocket leaves, washed
- Drain the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup and slice into even lengthways pieces.
- Heat 15 ml (1 T) of the balsamic vinegar in the saucepan.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Pear slices and toss gently until they are coated and heated through.
- Place the flatbread on an oven tray that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the Rhodes Quality Pears on top of the flatbread.
- Crumble the blue cheese over the pears.
- Bake the flatbread in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the flatbread is heated through.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with the rocket leaves and the remaining balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.