Soft and delicious, this banana bread is ideal for afternoon tea, lunchboxes or as an on-the-road treat.
- 2 eggs
- 170 g brown sugar
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 80 ml milk
- 170 g cake flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) bicarbonate of soda
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until pale and thick.
- Whisk in the oil and the milk.
- Sift together the flour and the bicarbonate of soda and add to the batter, beating until well mixed.
- Coarsely mash the bananas with a fork and beat into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and lined with baking paper.
- Slice the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves into thin, even slices and place decoratively on the top of the batter.
- Bake the banana bread in an oven that has been preheated to 170°C for 45 minutes or until the loaf is golden and well risen and a wooden skewer, inserted near the middle of the loaf, comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and allow to cool before slicing.