The ever popular fridge cheesecake gets a peach flair. It takes a little time to prepare, but the delicious reward of this summer dessert is well worth it.
- 200 g ginger biscuits, finely crushed
- 30 ml (2 T) honey
- 65 ml butter
- 2 packets lemon jelly
- 250 ml boiling water
- 2 x 230 g tubs creamed cottage cheese
- 10 ml (2 t) vanilla essence
- 125 ml castor sugar
- 250 ml (1 C) cream
- 1 x 825 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- Mix the biscuits, honey and butter together in a mixing bowl and press the mixture onto the bottom of a pie dish.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the jelly powder in the boiling water and set aside.
- Combine the cottage cheese, vanilla essence and sugar in a bowl and beat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and beat until almost thick.
- Add the jelly and continue to beat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared biscuit base and refrigerate until set.
- Top with the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices and serve.