Fabulous summer dessert. Perfect to enjoy outdoors after a braai.
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) desiccated coconut
- 65 ml (¼ cup) oats
- 65 ml (¼ cup) cake flour
- 65 ml (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 65 ml (¼ cup) butter
- to serve: 6 ready made waffles, vanilla ice cream
- To make the peach compote, drain the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices and chop into even sized pieces.
- Place the chopped peaches, sugar, lemon juice and ground cinnamon together in a small saucepan and bring to the heat.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer, stirring often, for ten minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To make the crumble, combine the coconut, oats, flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Rub the butter into mixture.
- Spread the mixture out on a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180°c for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir and then bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden, crispy and crumbly.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Gently bend the waffles into a taco shape and hold in place between the rises of an upside down cupcake tray.
- Heat the waffles in an oven preheated to 180°c for 5-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Fill the waffle shell first with vanilla ice cream and then top with the peach compote and sprinkle with the crumble.
- Serve immediately.