Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Peach Queen of Puddings
This retro British pudding gets a royal peachy twist. Making it a perfect Autumnal dessert.
- 150 g (2 C) fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 80 g caster sugar
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 625 ml milk
- 5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
- 45 ml (3 T) butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 250 g (1 C) Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- Place the breadcrumbs, 30 ml (1 T) of the caster sugar and lemon rind into a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, vanilla essence and the butter to until almost boiling.
- Pour the milk mixture over the breadcrumbs and allow to stand for ten minutes to soak.
- Whisk the egg yolks into breadcrumb mixture, and then pour the batter into a baking dish which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in an oven which has been preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread the top of the pudding with the Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam and arrange the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices on top of the jam.
- Using an electric beater, whisk the egg whites together with the salt until soft peaks form.
- Continue whisking and gradually add all of the remaining caster sugar until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon the meringue topping over the peaches.
- Return to the oven and bake the pudding for 10 minutes more, or until the meringue is set and the peaks are golden brown.
- Serve hot.