Breakfast, tea or dessert? The choice is yours. Sweet peaches in a crisp and buttery cinnamon pastry; a guest pleasing flavour combination.
- 625 ml (2½ cups) cake flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sugar
- 7.5 ml (½ Tbsp) dry yeast
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- 165 ml (⅔ cup) margarine, melted
- 190 ml (¾ cup) water, warm
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- to serve: plain yoghurt, whipped cream or ice cream
- Place the flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix together the melted margarine and the warm water and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Bring to a dough using a wooden spoon.
- Knead the dough a few times and form into a ball.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a large rectangle.
- Use a ruler to trim the edges straight and then slice the dough into triangles.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the dough, reserving some for the top.
- Place a few slices of Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup on the widest part of the each triangle and roll up towards the point.
- Place each roll, point side down, into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Leave the rolls to rest for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar over the top of the rolls and bake in an oven that has been preheated to 190°c for 30 minutes or until well risen, crisp and golden.
- Serve with plain yoghurt, whipped cream or ice cream.