A delicious, sweet and creamy summertime treat.
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Hinds Vanilla Custard Powder
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk, divided
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 6 egg whites
- 500 ml (2 cups) cream
- 1 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
To serve : 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Halves, drained
- Mix Hinds Vanilla Custard powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) of the milk together.
- Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan, pour the custard mix into boiling milk, and stir well until thickened.
- Stir the ground cinnamon into the custard, then set aside to cool.
- In a clean, dry bowl, whip the egg whites using an electric mixer until soft white peaks form.
- Continue beating and slowly add 65 ml of castor sugar.
- Beat until the egg whites form a soft meringue and set aside.
- Beat the cream until thick but not stiff. Set aside.
- Fold the cream into the custard.
- Fold the meringue mixture into the custard and cream base.
- Place the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices into the base of a freezer safe container, and pour custard over.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours.
- Serve with sugar cones and Rhodes Quality Peach Halves.