Sweet, soft Rhodes Quality Slices in Syrup in a crunchy cookie-like topping, this summer bake is simple and easy to prepare.
- 1 x 825 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Bisto Corn Flour
- 125 ml butter, softened
- 190 ml white sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla essence
- 45 ml (3 Tbps.) brown sugar
To serve: Softly whipped cream or ice cream.
- Once the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices are well drained, place them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Bisto Corn Flour and toss well to coat.
- Pour the peach slices onto the bottom of a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place the butter, white sugar, cake flour, baking powder and vanilla essence into a food processor.
- Process until the mixture comes together to form a soft dough.
- Spread the dough over the top of the peaches using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the dough.
- Bake the crumble in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden and crispy.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.