Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Peach Creme Brule
Creme Brule is a beautiful rich French Custard, made from egg yolks, sugar and cream which is set by cooking in the oven. This recipe gives the classic dessert a peachy twist.
- 500 ml (2 C) cream
- 5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
- 75 g sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- 125 ml brown sugar
- Place the cream and the vanilla essence into a small saucepan and bring to high heat.
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar and the egg yolks.
- Whisk the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture.
- Strain the custard through a fine sieve back into a clean bowl or jug.
- Divide the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup evenly between 6 large ramekins.
- Pour the custard over the peaches, filling the ramekins of the way up.
- Place the ramekins into a deep roasting dish.
- Fill the roasting dish with hot water so that the water comes halfway up the side of the ramekin.
- Cover the roasting tray with baking paper.
- Taking care not to burn, place the roasting dish into an oven preheated at 150°C for 25 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Remove the baking paper and then remove the ramekins from the hot water and set aside to cool.
- Place the ramekins into the refrigerator to chill until needed.
- Just before serving, preheat your oven on its grill setting.
- Place the ramekins onto a baking sheet and sprinkle the tops of the custards with an even layer of brown sugar.
- Place the ramekins on the top oven rack underneath the grill and grill until the sugar melts and turns golden brown. (Alternatively, use a domestic blowtorch to caramelise the sugar.)
- Allow to cool for a few minutes to allow the sugar crust to set before serving.