A modern version of a traditional dessert recipe. So effortless and simple to prepare, anyone can do it.
- 16 slices white bread
- butter for spreading
- Rhodes Quality Peach Jam for spreading
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- 65 ml dried cranberries
- 8 eggs
- 625 ml milk
- 250 ml (1 C) cream
- 250 ml (1 C) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
to serve: whipped cream or custard
- Make 8 sandwiches by spreading butter and Rhodes Quality Peach Jam onto the slices of bread.
- Trim the crusts and cut into quarters.
- Arrange the quarters in ramekins and insert a Rhodes Quality Peach Slice in between each sandwich.
- Sprinkle with cranberries.
- Beat the eggs, milk, cream, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together until well blended and pour evenly over the bread in each ramekin.
- Cover the ramekins with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 1 hour before baking.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 30 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or custard.