Prepare this easy ice cream cake with its South African flair in minutes. A great dessert for casual entertaining.
- 1 ready-made Swiss roll or 12 mini Swiss Rolls
- 1 lt. good quality vanilla ice cream
- 65 ml Amarula liqueur
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices, drained and chopped
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow it to soften but not melt.
- In the meantime, spray a round freezer-proof bowl with non-stick spray and line the inside neatly with cling wrap.
- Evenly slice up the Swiss Roll and use the slices to line the base and sides of the bowl.
- Stir the Amarula liqueur and the chopped Rhodes Quality Peach Slices into the soft ice cream using a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the flavoured ice cream on top of the Swiss Roll.
- Smooth out the top, cover the bowl well with cling wrap and freeze overnight.
- To serve, turn the ice cream cake out onto a plate and remove the bowl and cling wrap.
- Decorate as desired and serve immediately.