When it’s cold outside, curling up under a cosy blanket with a hot bowl of soup is a treat. Quick and easy to make, this Pea and Bacon Soup will come to your rescue in a hurry.
- 15 ml (1 T) chives, chopped
- 15 ml (1 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, drained
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared chicken stock
- 30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 125 ml cream
- 125 g bacon, chopped and fried
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, chicken stock, and lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil and season to taste.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Use a hand blender or food processor to puree the soup until smooth.
- Return to the heat and stir in the cream.
- Serve hot, garnished with bacon and chives.