Dinner in a whizz. Full of vibrant flavour this dish will become a family favourite.
- 500 g stir-fry beef strips
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) corn flour, divided
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) grated fresh ginger
- 190 ml (¾ cup) Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend
- 75 ml (5 Tbsp) soya sauce
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vinegar
- to serve: rice, spring onions
- Season the beef strips with the salt and pepper and toss lightly in 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cornflour.
- Heat the oil large frying over a high heat.
- Fry the beef strips until crispy.
- Set aside.
- To the same pan add the red pepper and onions and fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes more.
- Mix together the Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend, soya sauce, sugar and vinegar and pour into the pan.
- Bring the sauce to the boil.
- Return the beef to the pan and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes to return the beef to the heat.
- Mix together the remaining 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cornflour with 15 ml (1 Tbsp) water and mix to a paste.
- Move the beef to the side of the pan and stir the cornflour paste into the sauce to thicken.
- Stir the beef into the sauce again.
- Serve hot over rice and garnish with chopped spring onion.
The quality of beef strips is important in this recipe, use the best available or thinly slice sirloin steak.