Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Orange Polenta Cake
Seville Orange Marmalade tea bake. This dense, moist tea cake is made with polenta and topped with crunchy toasted almonds. Served with softly whipped cream it is also a fabulous dessert.
- Cake batter
- 100 g butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 130 g polenta
- 50 g ground almonds
- 80 ml plain yoghurt
- 30 ml (2 T) honey
- 65 ml Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend
- 125 ml Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade
- 50 g flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 125 ml icing sugar
- a little warm water
- to serve: lightly whipped cream
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cake flour, polenta and ground almonds.
- Mix together the yoghurt, honey and Rhodes Quality Orange Juice and stir into the batter.
- Stir until all ingredients are well blended but do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour or until a wooden skewer, inserted near the center, comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to stand for 5 minutes before removing from the cake pan and then leave the cake to cool completely.
- Gently heat the Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade in a small saucepan until it is warm and more runny in consistency.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the toasted almond flakes over the marmalade.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl and add enough warm water to stir it into a smooth thick glaze.
- Use the back of a spoon to drizzle the icing sugar glaze over the almonds.
- Serve with lightly whipped cream.